This is distinct from an MM in Performance (Piano), in that piano performance is directed towards solo performance.
A collaborative pianist requires a different focus in training, with an emphasis on accompanying and chamber music.
Collaborative Piano graduate students will choose one of two areas of emphasis: Vocal or Instrumental Music.
Advanced private study and literature classes distinguish the areas.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Applied Piano: Collaborative
- Applied Piano: Advanced Collaborative
- Graduate Recital
- Graduate Ensemble
- Collaborative Piano Chamber Music Literature
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 1074 other Masters in Music in United States
- Submit a completed application along with application fee.
- Must submit a minimum of two, but preferably three letters of recommendation for admission.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in an appropriate field from an ABET accredited program, but applicants will be considered with an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution or its equivalent internationally.
- Submit GRE score on the general section of the test.
International720 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 720 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National720 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 720 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.