Exposure to critical insights from faculty, visiting artists and print-world professionals leads to advanced personal work responsive to the issues defining the field. Mastery of intaglio, lithography, screenprint, relief, photo and digital methods—with special emphasis on one area—ensures confidence in the professional arena.
During two years in residence at RISD, graduate students undertake a serious investigation of the broad range of possibilities presented by contemporary printmaking. In addition, they are encouraged to extend their professional experience through off-campus internships during Wintersession and over the summer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Printmaking I: Historical Context + Practice
- Graduate Seminar
- Graduate Printmaking Projects I
- Open elective
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 519 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Application form: Submit your RISD application form, and all other credentials, through the RISD Applicant Portal. The application fee is $60.
- Academic transcripts.
- Statement of purpose.
- Writing sample.
- Letters of recommendation: Applicants are required to submit three letters of recommendation.
- English language proficiency | All applicants who speak English as a second language, including US citizens, must submit results from any one of these three options: TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or Duolingo (an online English test).
International49900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 49900 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National49900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 49900 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.