At Photography from Rhode Island School of Design students have access to state-of-the-art technical facilities that allow for the exploration of film-based and digital photography, digital video and multimedia production.
MFA candidates achieve a high level of technical mastery and create a coherent body of visual work representing a sustained and sophisticated investigation of ideas. They are also expected to write and speak about their work with an advanced level of fluency and to frame their practice in historical and critical contexts.
Graduates with Photography from Rhode Island School of Design will be able to:
- state and achieve individual goals for their work
- deliver technically proficient work
- develop a cohesive body of work
- speak and write about their work with a high degree of clarity
- contextualize their work in contemporary practice
- demonstrate professionalism though teaching, gallery exhibition, photography assistantship, and/or managing a studio practice
- Graduate Critique
- Open elective
- Graduate Seminar
- Grad Photography Thesis Writing
- Grad Thesis Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 865 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Academic transcripts
- Statement of purpose
- Writing sample
- Letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency test
International56435 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56435 USD per year during 24 months.
National56435 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56435 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.