Glass from Rhode Island School of Design students develop a distinctly personal aesthetic through source research, vigorous studio experimentation, regular critiques and a series of graduate seminars on contemporary art theory and criticism.
Graduates with Glass from Rhode Island School of Design will be able to:
- demonstrate technical mastery in creative glassmaking processes such as casting, moldmaking, hot glass and coldworking, and in comprehensive safety practices
- exhibit well-developed team working skills and technical ability in the creative process and in the use and maintenance of all facilities
- pursue a studio practice with dedication, rigor and consistency
- establish a reliable methodology for developing work and ideas conceptually, materially and technically
- research visual and historical precedents to develop grounding and framework for creative practice
- articulate the conceptual and positioning of one's own artworks in the context of historical and contemporary glass practice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Glass
- Graduate Glass Degree Program Workshop
- Graduate Critical Issues Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Visual Arts View 227 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Academic transcripts
- Statement of purpose
- Writing sample
- Letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency test
International53820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53820 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National53820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53820 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.