The department encourages students to explore diverse subject matter and develop multidisciplinary research methodologies and creative strategies to interrogate the social, psychological and cultural consequences of ubiquitous or emerging technologies.
Informed by the fields of art, media theory, cultural studies and the social sciences, the flexible curriculum includes research studios, seminars and innovative electives that support a deep investigation of critical and social theory while fostering robust, independent studio practices. Faculty also encourage interdisciplinary dialogue through partnerships with other researchers at RISD and Brown University, as well as with individuals and institutions that typically operate outside the world of art and design.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Digital Media Perspectives
- Digital + Media Grad Studio/Seminar I
- Digital + Media Studio Elective
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 534 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Application form: Submit your RISD application form, and all other credentials, through the RISD Applicant Portal. The application fee is $60.
- Academic transcripts.
- Statement of purpose.
- Writing sample.
- Letters of recommendation: Applicants are required to submit three letters of recommendation.
- English language proficiency | All applicants who speak English as a second language, including US citizens, must submit results from any one of these three options: TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or Duolingo (an online English test).
International49900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 49900 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National49900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 49900 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.