Informed by critical and decolonial theory, environmental science, sound studies and more, the curriculum supports students in developing robust research agendas and independent studio practices. Faculty also encourage cross-disciplinary dialogue with researchers at Brown University, the Rhode Island School of Design and with other individuals and institutions outside the world of art and design.
Graduates with Digital and Media from Rhode Island School of Design will be prepared to:
- develop a thorough understanding of a range of technologies, including their material capabilities and characteristics, appropriateness for specific strategic applications, relevance within larger systems and impact on people and society
- demonstrate proficiency with a vocabulary of multiple material practices
- exhibit fluency in history, theory and criticism with respect to art, technology and new media practice
- organize teams and work collaboratively with people from a range of disciplines
- present work professionally through exhibitions, publications and other relevant contexts
- communicate cogently about their ongoing studio art process
- demonstrate effective writing skills as part of or in support of artistic practice
- contribute to the ongoing dialogue about research and new work in the field
- Digital and Media
- Media Perspectives
- Digital + Media studio
- Critical Theory
- Critical Theory + Artistic Research in Context
- Open elective
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Video Games & Animation Media Studies & Mass Media View 79 other Masters in Video Games & Animation in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Academic transcripts
- Statement of purpose
- Writing sample
- Letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency test
International56435 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56435 USD per year during 12 months.
National56435 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56435 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.