At Ceramics from Rhode Island School of Design students engage in independent studio work in ceramics, both on campus and off—through field research and participation in conferences in New York, Boston, Europe, Japan and elsewhere. Through active participation in studio critiques and seminars, graduate students investigate the social, historical, philosophical and technical foundations of ceramics, critical theory and contemporary issues. They learn to articulate their ideas through written and verbal communication as well as visual presentation.
Graduates with Ceramics from Rhode Island School of Design will be able to:
- analyze fields of study in ceramics from different philosophical and historical perspectives
- perfect clay construction, material experimentation and effects of firing
- identify qualities in works of art and be able to reconstitute these qualities through making
- understand the medium as a vehicle for expression and cultural advancement
- distinguish roles of form and function in an object
- collaborate through dialogue and making
- articulate and develop one's own visual language and manner of making
- demonstrate installation skills and aesthetic sensibility for exhibiting work
- evaluate one's own motivations for a chosen direction of work
- situate one's work in both historical and contemporary contexts and base development of a chosen form on a thorough understanding of history
- manage and maintain a professional studio practice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Studio Ceramics
- Ceramic Material Science
- Ceramic History
- Source Presentation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 558 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Academic transcripts
- Statement of purpose
- Writing sample
- Letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency test
International53820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53820 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National53820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53820 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.