RISD’s MAT program is approved by the Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education as a teacher preparation program and, as a result of the Interstate Compact, has reciprocity in at least 44 other states.It is, however, important for applicants to understand that while RISD awards the MAT degree and recommends its graduates for certification or licensure, the award of teacher certification is determined by individual states, each of which has its own specific requirements. In other words, candidates must pass any teacher-certification test(s) required by individual states.
- Critical Investigations in Arts Learning
- Mapping for Visual Learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Design Visual Arts View 3670 other Masters in Education in United States
- Application form: Submit your RISD application form, and all other credentials, through the RISD Applicant Portal. The application fee is $60.
- Academic transcripts.
- Statement of purpose.
- Writing sample.
- Letters of recommendation: Applicants are required to submit three letters of recommendation.
- English language proficiency | All applicants who speak English as a second language, including US citizens, must submit results from any one of these three options: TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or Duolingo (an online English test).
International49900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 49900 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National49900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 49900 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.