Interior Architecture - Adaptive Reuse from Rhode Island School of Design focuses specifically on designing interventions for existing structures at many scales—from single rooms to entire buildings as well as the larger urban fabric. While operating outside the confines of professional architectural licensure, graduates of the program qualify to sit for the National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) exam.
Graduates with Interior Architecture - Adaptive Reuse from Rhode Island School of Design will be prepared to:
- adopt a clear aesthetic, theoretical and technological framework for interior studies in order to engage in this subject in the design field
- investigate different aspects of design interventions in the built environment
- articulate the distinctive nature of interior studies as an effective member of a design team able to interact and collaborate with fellow professionals in related fields
- develop design strategies that recognize the importance of social and environmental responsibility
- assess the spatial transformation capabilities of an existing structure
- formulate an original design concept based on research and evaluate, develop, present and advocate coherent design propositions
- understand and incorporate related consultant feedback as part of the collaborative process in a professional setting
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design Studios: Spatial Investigation/Drawing and Making
- Design Studios: Transformation and Intervention
- Design Studios: Existing Construct
- Design Studio
- Structures and Materials for Adaptive Reuse
- History of Adaptive Reuse
- Advanced Drawing and Computing Tectonics
- Spatial Perception: Light and Color
- Energy and Systems
- Advanced Design Studio
- Human Factors: Ergonomics and Acoustics
- Codes and Details
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Interior Design View 339 other Masters in Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Academic transcripts
- Statement of purpose
- Writing sample
- Letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency test
International53820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53820 USD per year during 24 months.
National53820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53820 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.