Here, architecture is taught in a way that understands the practice of design and making as a thoughtful, reflective process that both engenders and draws from social, political, material, technological and cultural agendas. The program aims to empower students to exercise their creativity by understanding their role as cultural creators and equipping them to succeed in the client-based practice of architecture.
The three-year curriculum builds on fundamental areas underpinning the creative practice of architecture: representation and fabrication; technologies and professional ethics; history and theory; and design and the process of projecting architecture. Throughout the program, ideas are expressed not only discursively but through actual production.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Making of Design Principles
- Environmental Design I
- Steel Structures
- Graduate Theory Seminar: Making Discourse
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesArchitecture View 299 other Masters in Architecture in United States
- Application form: Submit your RISD application form, and all other credentials, through the RISD Applicant Portal. The application fee is $60.
- Academic transcripts.
- Statement of purpose.
- Writing sample.
- Letters of recommendation: Applicants are required to submit three letters of recommendation.
- English language proficiency | All applicants who speak English as a second language, including US citizens, must submit results from any one of these three options: TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or Duolingo (an online English test).
International49900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 49900 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National49900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 49900 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.