Although the specific constituency of La Sierra University and the Richards Divinity School is the Seventh-day Adventist Church, both the University and the Divinity School welcome students from other faith traditions. The Divinity School offers five graduate programs that fall into the categories of professional and academic.
Our professional programs are tailored for those who work, or would like to work, in some aspect of Christian ministry. We offer two professional programs: the Master of Divinity (MDiv) degree program and the Graduate Certificate in Ministry (CMin) program. The MDiv is the standard degree program for professional ministry. The CMin program prepares lay persons for local church leadership.
Persons admitted with some advanced theological study or with prior extensive undergraduate studies in religion and/or other appropriate foundational areas may complete the Theological Studies degree program from La Sierra University with one year of full-time course work, in addition to the summative concluding project.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research and Writing in Religion
- Linguistic Tools: Hebrew
- Linguistic Tools: Greek
- The Old Testament and Its Communities
- Interpreting OT Texts (4)14, or elective in Old Testament studies
- The New Testament and Its Communities
- Interpreting NT Texts
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesHistory Religious Studies & Theology Ancient History View 100 other Masters in Ancient History in United States
- For regular admission, applicants must hold a four-year baccalaureate degree or equivalent with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.50 or better (on a 4-point scale) from a regionally or nationally accredited college or university.
- Applicants who meet the GPA requirements stated above may receive regular admission (a) by submitting the official results from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) with scores that meet or exceed the standards of the school; or (b) by completing 12 units of courses in the program as a provisional student with grades of B or better. However, the school retains the right to require GRE scores from any applicant in advance of admission.
- International applicants must meet the requirements of the university for English-language competence.
- Students may transfer up to half the number of required units from an approved graduate or graduate professional program in another university or seminary.
International730 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 730 USD per credit during 12 months.
National730 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 730 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Home Gardens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.