Intercultural Studies programme is offered at Biola University.
At the end of the Intercultural Studies at Biola University, graduates should be able to do the following:
- Convey an adequate understanding of how to live and work sensitively in contexts or cultures different than their own.
- Articulate a cross-cultural or international perspective with respect to their professional training (e.g., in teaching, medicine, business, or development)
- Produce written studies and reports manifesting their familiarity with the analytical and research tools available (particularly in the social sciences) and demonstrating their abilities to assess and adapt their objectives and activities to the cultural realities of their working environments
- Communicate a clear understanding of the dynamic nature of the gospel, the spiritual and cultural traits of a growing church, the deeply intertwined relationship between the gospel and culture in which God’s self-revelation was given in culture, how it is now communicated across cultures, and how it is being faithfully lived out in appropriate contextualized acts of allegiance to the God of creation
- Manifest godliness of character, personal standards of integrity and morality, concern for human rights and justice, and a passion for the reconciliation of humanity with their Creator
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Economic Anthropology
- Social Anthropology
- Urban Research & Study
- Ethnographic field methods
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 459 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
Applicants must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade-point average. Graduates from approved, unaccredited colleges, if accepted, will be granted provisional acceptance, if GPA is 3.4 or higher.
Those without intercultural/ missions or Bible / theology or anthropology may have additional coursework added to their program.
Applicants must submit a written statement outlining their vocational objectives and how the degree will relate to those objectives.
Three letters of references on forms supplied by the school are required.
Official transcripts for all previous schools attended are required.
International667 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 667 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National667 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 667 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.