The graduate program in Communication Studies at the California State University Sacramento is guided by two interrelated goals. First, that each student has the opportunity to study and conduct original communication research consistent with individual interests and abilities. Second, each student develop and follow a coherent, rigorous plan of study within the field of communication. Accordingly, a structured advising procedure has been established in the Department to help accomplish these two goals (see "The Graduate Document," available from the Department, for details). As an integral part of a plan of study, each student will designate a series of courses to be completed for their degree with the assistance of their advisor and the approval of the Graduate Committee. A statement outlining the logic of the chosen courses will be required and will be reviewed by the Graduate Committee. Areas of faculty expertise include (but are not limited to):
- Mediated Communication
- Organizational Communication
- Instructional Communication
- Rhetoric and Criticism
- Political Communication
- Intercultural/International Communication
- Social Interaction
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Qualitative Research Methods in Communication Studies
- Communication Theory
- Quantitative Research Methods in Communication Studies
- Seminar In Criticism
- Systems and Theories of Rhetoric
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 480 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- a grade "B-" or better in the following (or equivalent courses)
- a clearly written statement of purpose for pursuing this particular MA degree
- three letters of recommendation
- an earned baccalaureate degree
- two examples of writing that indicate research, analytical, and/or creative abilities
- an online application for admission; and
- two sets of official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, other than Sacramento State
Living costs for Sacramento
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.