Completion of the Communication Sciences and Disorders Master's degree at the California State University Sacramento provides the training necessary for students to qualify for the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association's Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology, the California State License in Speech-Language Pathologist and the California Speech-Language Pathology Services Credential. The Department also prepares students to apply for the Special Class Authorization, an extension of the Speech-Language Pathology Services Credential, required to teach a classroom of students with primary disabilities in the area of speech and language impairment (Other experiences and exams are also required; these will be described below under "Additional Information").
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Motor Speech Disorders
- Advanced Seminar in Child Language Disorders
- Methods: Speech Disorders I
- Practice: Speech Disorders I
- Practice: Hearing Screenings
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 485 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- Students must have an undergraduate degree (or its equivalent) in Speech-Language Pathology
- Students must understand that admission preference is given to students whose undergraduate curriculum is equivalent to Sacramento State’s Communication Sciences and Disorders Undergraduate Curriculum.
- Students must have completed the required major prerequisite coursework as delineated in the Undergraduate Program Catalog
- Successful passage of all three sections of CBEST
- Three letters of recommendations.
- Oral and written essay.
- Resume of related work
- Documentation of completed observation hours.
- Students must consult the Department website for additional current admission requirements and procedures.
Living costs for Sacramento
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.