What makes an effective educational leader? What characteristics and traits are predictive of successful careers in leadership? Does a leader have to be employed in a management position to provide leadership? How do leaders "do more with less" in lean times? What management and leadership skills are necessary to effectively operate today's schools, colleges and universities?
Education in California continues to face uncertainties; resources continue to dwindle while the task of educating today's generations for tomorrow grows ever more important and complex every day. The challenges have likely never been greater. Effective -- not just "good" -- leadership at all levels of education - public, private and higher education -- has probably never been more important.
The Education (Higher Education Leadership) programs offered by the California State University Sacramento are oriented toward an interdisciplinary approach to the study of school leadership, offering students opportunities to apply theory to the practice of educational leadership.
The mission of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies is to develop educational leaders from diverse backgrounds who will positively impact the improvement of educational institutions and environments - from pre-K through university and professional levels. These leaders will:
- be visionary change agents;
- create collaborative learning communities;
- engage in reflective practice;
- ensure diversity and equity;
- implement research-based practices and site-based best practices; and
- build capacity through leadership development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations in Higher Education Leadership
- Diversity in Higher Education
- Education Research
- Advanced Seminar: Program Development and Evaluation
- Advanced Seminar: Ethical Decision Making
- Meeting the Leadership Challenge
- Leading the Way for Student Success: Student and Instructional Services
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 3480 other Masters in Education in United States
- Completion, and successful review, of CSU Mentor and program Supplemental application
- Successful interview with faculty
- the Educational Leadership and Policy Studies application for admission
- two letters of reference (forms attached to application packet); and
- one set of transcripts, including Sacramento State
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.