The MSW will prepare students to become a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), qualifying them for a wider range of career opportunities (mental health, medical social work, child welfare, etc.) working with various populations (children, adolescents, adults, elderly, disabled, etc.).
- Social Work Practice I: Individuals
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment I
- Social Welfare Policy and Analysis
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesSocial Work View 364 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- A bachelor's degree related to social work is not required; significant professional and volunteer experience will be considered.
- Completion of three prerequisite courses with a B- or higher by the end of Spring 2018 semester. Equivalent courses may be taken outside of UVU. No other combination of academic or professional experience may be substituted.
- SW 1010 - Introduction to Social Work
- BESC 3010 - Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
- BESC 3020 - Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences
- The GRE is not required for admission
International970 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 970 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National390 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 390 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State390 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 390 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.