Our master's in Social Work program (MSW) at the Widener University follows a trauma-informed, clinical model that promotes a social justice lens. You'll apply theory and practical knowledge learned in the classroom in two field placement settings designed to master the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) core competencies. Under direct supervision, you will prepare for advanced practice in social work in a variety of settings.Widener trains you to intervene effectively using a trauma-informed lens with clients and to advocate for universal human rights. Upon graduation, you will be able to demonstrate care and compassion for clients from diverse cultural, social, and economic backgrounds and hold an unwavering belief in client strengths and client empowerment.
MSW Field Education
- In your field placement settings, you'll have the opportunity to apply classroom learning with agency-based social work practice opportunities.
- This learning takes place under the direction and supervision of a trained field instructor who is employed by the agency and skilled in working with students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Behavior & the Social Context
- Generalist Social Work Practice
- Methods of Social Work Research
- Social & Economic Justice
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 338 other Masters in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete online application
- Application fee of $35
- Three letters of recommendation
- Advanced standing requires at least one field practicum supervisor or field practicum director and at least one other academic source (e.g., professor, advisor)
- All undergraduate transcripts
- Personal statement
- Current resume
International860 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 860 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National860 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 860 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.