The department embraces its fundamental obligation to realize the goals of the College of Education and Human Development and the mission of Jackson State University in “Challenging Minds and Changing Lives." The Sport Science (Strength and Conditioning) program from Jackson State University is committed to providing programs and services that promote and support the health, physical fitness, social, and wellness needs of JSU students.
The objectives of the Department of Health, Physical Education and Recreation (HPER), are in keeping with those of the University, the College of Education and Human Development, and its guiding principles, the Responsive Educator, whose goal is to positively impact the full range of K-12 students.
- To assist candidates in developing ethical standards and practices.
- To develop candidates that are professionally motivated.
- To develop candidates that are technology diverse.
- To prepare candidates to deal with a diverse community of learners.
- Bio Statistics
- Advanced Human Nutrition
- Bio Mechanics
- Muscular Physiology
- Strength and Conditioning
- Facility Design & Maintenance
- Governing Bodies & the Law
- Ethics of Sport
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 1524 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission. Click here to access the Graduate School Application.
- Out-of-state and International applicants must submit a $25.00 application fee. Applications will not be processed without payment of the application fee. Payment is made by using a credit/debit card at the time of application. Application payments are processed as part of the application.
- A satisfactory TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS score
International6520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3260 USD per semester during 12 months.
National6520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3260 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State5520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2760 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Jackson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.