Key factsThe Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry offers both a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) and a Master of Science (M.S.) degree in Chemistry. The Ph.D. degree in chemistry requires evidences of high quality scientific research leading to peerreviewed publications with classroom teaching, laboratory supervision, and proposal and manuscript writing experiences. The intensive graduate training includes formal lecture courses, hands-on laboratory and theoretical research experiences, teaching experiences, independent proposal development, preparation of manuscripts, and preparation of a research thesis or dissertation for publication.
Program MissionThe Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry aims at a comprehensive graduate education in all areas of modern chemistry including research training for a diverse student body. The Chemistry program from Jackson State University aims for national and international distinction and therebyproduces well qualified chemists for education institutions, governmental agencies, and industrial and business entities.
- To provide the best education and career opportunity for all students including those from the underrepresented minority
- groups with the best cultural and nurturing environment conducive to learning and scholarly activities.
- To prepare students for development of methods of independent and systematic investigations leading to scientific
- To prepare students for a successful career at academic institutions, industrial and business entities, and governmental
- To promote professional development and growth of the faculty.
- Analytical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Quantum Chemistry
- Physical Organic Chemistry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 1229 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission. Click here to access the Graduate School Application.
- Out-of-state and International applicants must submit a $25.00 application fee. Applications will not be processed without payment of the application fee. Payment is made by using a credit/debit card at the time of application. Application payments are processed as part of the application.
- A satisfactory TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS score
International6520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3260 USD per semester during 12 months.
National6520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3260 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State5520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2760 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Jackson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.