The curriculum is designed to equip students with the necessary skills of contemporary public management as well as to give them a broad understanding of the role of administration in the decision making process.
MPPA Mission StatementThe Public Policy and Administration program from Jackson State University seeks to prepare students for significant professional and managerial positions in the public and non-profit sectors. The curriculum is designed to equip students with the necessary skills of contemporary public management, provide a broad understanding of the role of administration in the policy process, and provide a sound foundation in ethics. Thus, our MPPA program seeks to:
- Provide a cadre of highly trained individuals who are committed to the notion of public service in a variety of organizational settings;
- Develop advanced educational opportunities for students of public administration in an urban environment where a multiplicity of governmental opportunities, interactions and practices can be observed;
- Fill the need for public, quasi-governmental, and non-profit high-level executive management which exists in the State of Mississippi, the nation, and the world, particularly as this need relates to minorities and women; and
- Serve as a resource to the greater community.
The Master of Public Policy and Public Administration Program is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA).
- Problems of County Administration
- Problems of State Administration
- Urban Politics and Policy Making
- Community Political Processes
- State and Local Government Finance
- Seminar in Public Policy Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Public Administration Public Policy View 704 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission. Click here to access the Graduate School Application.
- Out-of-state and International applicants must submit a $25.00 application fee. Applications will not be processed without payment of the application fee. Payment is made by using a credit/debit card at the time of application. Application payments are processed as part of the application.
- A satisfactory TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS score
International6520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3260 USD per semester during 12 months.
National6520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3260 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State5520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2760 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Jackson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.