The English program from Jackson State University is designed
- to prepare well-qualified teachers of English for secondary schools and junior colleges,
- to provide an in-service program for teachers of English who serve in secondary schools and junior colleges,
- to prepare students for careers in mass media, and
- to prepare for classroom diversity in sociolinguistics of languages.
- Advanced Laboratory Writing
- Research and Bibliography
- Critical Analysis of Literature
- Comparative Literature
- World and Classical Literature
- American Fiction before 1900
- American Fiction after 1900
- Modern Drama
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Linguistics View 632 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission. Click here to access the Graduate School Application.
- Out-of-state and International applicants must submit a $25.00 application fee. Applications will not be processed without payment of the application fee. Payment is made by using a credit/debit card at the time of application. Application payments are processed as part of the application.
- A satisfactory TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS score
International6520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3260 USD per semester during 12 months.
National6520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3260 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State5520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2760 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Jackson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.