Early in the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program, students at the Augusta University are assisted as needed in determining which specialty area will most closely align with their career goals. Most courses require outside field experiences, coordinated by the faculty, to help students gain a sense of professional responsibilities and expectations in the field. Although the student body is quite varied, we are committed to increasing the numbers of diverse students enrolled in our program in order to be more representative of the surrounding community.
Both the School Counseling and Clinical Mental Health Counseling concentration areas are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
The Counselor Education Program is designed to meet the needs of both traditional and non-traditional students. Courses are generally offered during evening hours or on Saturdays to accommodate those who may already be working as school teachers or in other professional career areas. It is not required, however, that applicants have a teaching certificate or work experience for acceptance into the program. Those individuals with at least some work experience will be considered more highly.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Human Growth and Development for Counselors
- Professional Orientation and Ethics
- Communication Skills in Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Theories and Techniques of Counseling
- Career Development Theories and Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBiology View 866 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants from foreign colleges and universities must use an approved transcript evaluation service. An official course-by-course transcript evaluation based on official transcripts and documents is required.
- Degrees awarded from international universities and colleges must be verified as the U.S. equivalent of a Bachelor's or higher degree.
- Only in the case of transcripts from international colleges/universities will an official course-by-course transcript evaluation based on official transcripts and documents be accepted in lieu of an official transcript. Official transcript evaluations based on unofficial transcripts, documents or copies will not fulfill this requirement.
International18772 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9386 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National18772 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9386 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State5504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2752 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.