Course offerings at Jacksonville State University lead to the Master of Arts in Music with either a Music Education or General Music Concentration. Students choose between an instrumental or vocal/choral program of study, and engage in activities that nourish both broad and specific educational needs. With a flexible course schedule that provides both evening and summer classes, the JSU Music Department makes a commitment to serve the regional educational community, and helps foster and preserve a high level of musical instruction. A fully-accredited member of the National Association of Schools of Music, the music department offers graduate instruction by highly-qualified faculty members with significant professional experience. Small classes and many opportunities for one-on-one instruction create a comfortable and stimulating educational environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Instrumental with no thesis
- Instrumental with thesis
- Vocal/Choral with no thesis
- Vocal/Choral with thesis
- Music Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 1020 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the JSU Graduate Application for Admission.
- Pay the non-refundable $35 application processing fee.
- Send official transcripts from all colleges/universities with degrees posted to Graduate Admissions
- Detailed course description and/or syllabus for each courses/subjects completed in Bachelor's degree program when requested by the concerned graduate department.
- Copy of passport.
- Copy of financial document (financial statement and letter) stating a balance of at least $30,500.
International24000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 800 USD per credit during 12 months.
National24000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 800 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 400 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Jacksonville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.