A total of 30 graduate semester hours are required for the Emergency Management degree from Jacksonville State University with 21 required hours of emergency management courses, and 9 hours of approved emergency management electives.
All requirements for the degree can be met through distance learning. A 15-hour Graduate Certificate in Emergency Management and a Master of Public Administration with a concentration in Emergency Management degree are also available.
Successful completion of a total of 30 graduate semester hours of emergency management (EM) courses are required for this degree. Course requirements consist of twenty-one (21) hours of required EM courses and nine (9) hours of 500-level electives
- Disaster Recovery
- Research Methods in Emergency Management
- Hazard Mitigation
- Emergency Preparedness
- Disaster Response
- Disasters and the Media
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Administration Emergency & Disaster Management Terrorism & Security View 939 other Masters in Health Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed JSU Graduate Application for Admission.
- Non-refundable $35.00 application processing fee.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities with degrees posted. (Students who have previously attended JSU do not need to request a transcript from the university.)
- A statement of purpose/interest that shows why the MS degree is important to the applicant, what the applicant will bring to the program, and how the degree will benefit the applicant’s career aspirations.
- A professional resume including academic history, employment, and voluntary/community work.
- International student applicants must see the International Student Applicants section of this catalog for other application and enrollment requirements.
International24000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 800 USD per credit during 12 months.
National24000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 800 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 400 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Jacksonville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.