Specifically, the Master of Arts in Communication Studies at Eastern Illinois University offers concentrations grounded in a rigorous theoretical base that inform communication practices, therefore preparing students to enter into academic and workplace environments.
Our students have the opportunity to focus on one of three concentration areas:
- Strategic Communication
- Interpersonal Communication Processes
- Media and Critical Studies
We also offer a Communication Pedagogy option that focuses on preparing students to teach speech, or other communication courses, at community colleges, two-year, or four-year institutions and is taken in conjunction with one of the concentrations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Communication Theory
- Communication Research Methods
- Seminar in Teaching Speech
- Special Topics in Communication Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 555 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- Grade Point Average(GPA): minimum 2.75 out of 4.0. Some graduate degrees have higher GPA requirements.
- Official Entrance Examinations (GRE, GMAT, MAT): Some degree programs require entrance examinations.
- Test of English Language (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.)
- A passport copy is required.
- Non-refundable application fee of $30.00 U.S. in the form of a check, certified check or money order made payable to Eastern Illinois University, application fee is valid for one year.
International743 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 743 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National743 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 743 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State309 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 309 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.