The size of the program facilitates close contact between the student and graduate faculty from the Department of Biological Sciences at Eastern Illinois University.
Experiences provided by the graduate faculty in formal courses, research laboratories, and in diverse field situations are the basis not only for degree requirements but also for continuation of their postgraduate education and placement in a career in the biological sciences. Students choose a thesis, internship, or non-thesis track.
More informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of 30 hours of course work in Biological Sciences. With the permission of thesis committee and the Graduate Coordinator, students are allowed to take courses offered in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Sociology, and Geographic Information Sciences (GIS).
- No more than 12 hours of courses 4750-4999
- Seminar (BIO 5150) 1-2 hours
- Graduate Research (BIO 5900) 6 hours
- Graduate Thesis (BIO 5950) 3 hours
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics View 228 other Masters in Bioinformatics in United States
- Grade Point Average(GPA): minimum 2.75 out of 4.0. Some graduate degrees have higher GPA requirements.
- Official Entrance Examinations (GRE, GMAT, MAT): Some degree programs require entrance examinations.
- Test of English Language (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.)
- A passport copy is required.
- Non-refundable application fee of $30.00 U.S. in the form of a check, certified check or money order made payable to Eastern Illinois University, application fee is valid for one year.
International743 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 743 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National743 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 743 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State309 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 309 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.