Divinity from Pepperdine University curriculum provides insight into all the religious disciplines as a backdrop for varied ministries or later research specializations.
Graduates with Divinity from Pepperdine University will be able to:
- Interpret biblical texts critically and competently, explaining the meaning of a given text within applicable contexts and its significance in pertinent streams of current research.
- Analyze major and distinctive teachings of the Christian faith, critiquing leading perspectives through the centuries regarding core beliefs and practices and how these compare with other religions, philosophies, or competing worldviews.
- Explore major historical developments of Christianity, especially – but not solely – in the West, discerning internal and external factors that have shaped it in various cultures.
- Apply and evaluate current methods for incorporating the teachings of a faith – especially the Christian faith – into the lives of individuals in a faith community, beginning with oneself.
- Communicate coherently in professionally competent written form (following a standard style guide) and in effective oral form on matters of religion, illuminating historical, theological, and pastoral implications for contemporary societies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biblical Interpretation
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Christian history
- Christian thought
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 566 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- Preference is given to students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Application and Application Fee
- Official Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Academic Writing Sample
- All students whose native language is not English must submit scores on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language).
International39820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1810 USD per credit during 36 months.
National39820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1810 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Malibu Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.