The thesis Biology program is designed for students seeking advanced studies in areas of modern biology and biotechnology with training in the fields of aquaculture, biochemistry, ecology, environmental studies, fisheries biology, genetics, immunology, marine biology, microbiology, molecular biology, plant science, and physiology.
In addition to the University of West Florida’s general academic requirements, students seeking the M.S. degree in Biology must meet the following departmental requirements:
Select a thesis advisory committee composed of a chairperson and at least two additional faculty members.
Meet with the thesis advisory committee and complete a written plan of study that specifies courses and other work necessary for the program.
Submit a written research proposal acceptable to the thesis supervisory committee and demonstrate by oral examination that the proposed research is feasible.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Laboratory Skills
- Professional Development in Biology
- Biology Seminar
- Experimental Design in Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 1186 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Submission of a letter describing the student’s area of interest within biology, relevant past experience, future objectives, and, for students applying to the thesis track, the name of a UWF faculty member who has agreed to serve as their thesis advisor.
- Submission of a curriculum vitae
- Submission of three letters of recommendation from individuals who can evaluate the student’s academic ability.
- Applicants for the thesis track must have a faculty member who has agreed to provide laboratory space and serve as the applicant’s major advisor. Applicants are urged to speak with prospective faculty advisors prior to the application deadline date. Prior to registration, students in the non-thesis tracks must consult with the faculty advisor assigned to oversee the program into which the student has been accepted.
International31110 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1037 USD per credit during 12 months.
National31110 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1037 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 377 USD per credit during 12 months.
Alabama Resident: $482
Living costs for Pensacola
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.