Academic and Professional Development
- In the Environmental Studies degree at Evergreen State College, you explore interdisciplinary environmental knowledge and skills building in core classes focused on communication, collaboration, natural and social sciences, Traditional Ecological Knowledge, policy, and statistics.
- Choose your academic focuses when you pursue elective credits in a variety of fields.
- Gain subject area expertise in an independent thesis research topic of your choosing!
We’re located at the south end of the Salish Sea (Puget Sound) in Olympia, Washington, so you’ll be close to mountains, rivers, wetlands, forests, and shorelines. Center your core projects and thesis research in topics that fuel your passion.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Conceptualizing our Regional Environment
- Ecological and Social Sustainability
- Research Design and Quantitative Methods
- Case Studies and Thesis Design
- MES Thesis
- Advanced GIS
- American Environmental History
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Climate Studies & Meteorology Environmental Sciences View 239 other Masters in Earth Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Evergreen welcomes applications from all students, regardless of residency status. You don’t have to be covered by the DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) program. If you are ineligible for federal financial because of your immigration status, you may still qualify for state and college financial aid. To see if you qualify, fill out the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WAFSA).
International18020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9010 USD per semester during 12 months.
National18020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9010 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State8014 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4007 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Washington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.