The purpose of the Dental Sciences program at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center is to provide a contemporary research experience in the areas of orally related sciences to dentists enrolled in the clinical specialty programs of the College of Dentistry.
The course and research requirements of the Master's of Dental Science provide individuals with both a traditional and contemporary knowledge of the role of research in the clinical management of orofacial abnormalities and diseases. The goal of the program is to train dental specialists to pursue several career possibilities, including specialty practice, research, or teaching, with the increased knowledge of the interrelationship among clinical dentistry, basic science, and research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Master of Dental Science degree is offered in six areas of concentration.
- The degree is awarded upon completion of the requirements of the advanced education programs in endodontics, forensic dentistry, orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, periodontology, and prosthodontics.
- The general policies, procedures, and requirements of the College of Dentistry clinical training programs apply to Master of Dental Science students as well.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDentistry View 105 other Masters in Dentistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- For non-US applicants, official test scores should be sent directly from the contributing source and not by the student. Official transcripts and three recommendation letters are required.
- Transcripts from any non-US institution must be verified and certified to generate a grade point average (GPA) based on a 4.0 scale. Verification must be completed before matriculation. Service agencies include, but are not limited to, Educational Credit Evaluation (ECE) and World Education Services (WES). A document-by-document certification is not acceptable. These agencies charge a fee for their service.
Living costs for Memphis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.