The Midwifery Program at State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn is a graduate level program that prepares students to become competent beginning practitioners in accordance with the standards established by the American College of Nurse-Midwives.
The program accepts Registered Nurses and, through its "Direct Entry" option, other individuals who meet admissions requirements. Students may select one of three tracks: Advanced Certificate in Midwifery; Master of Science–Midwifery ; or the collaborative program (with the College of Nursing) which awards an Advanced Certificate in Midwifery(from the College of Health Related Professions) and a Master of Science–Nurse-Midwifery (from the College of Nursing)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Teaching
- Prof. Issues & Leadership in Midwifery
- Continuity of Care in Midwifery
- International Women’s Health Policy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMidwifery View 7 other Masters in Midwifery in United States
- A Masters degree in a related field (as determined by the Midwifery faculty) from a college or university accredited by a regional accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- You must submit two letters of recommendation. SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University has moved toward exclusive use of electronic
- recommendation submissions. The letters should be from: 1) a midwife, nurse or physician colleague who can comment on your clinical abilities; or 2) a college professor who taught you; or 3) a person who knows you in a professional capacity. Please visit the application instructions to learn more about the letters of recommendation requirements.
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5655 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.