If you are interested in becoming an independent licensed advanced practice provider in a role that has medical and nursing functions, you should consider becoming a family nurse practitioner (FNP). An FNP is prepared to care for patients of all age groups in primary care. Primary care is focused on wellness, screening, early identification, prevention and management of illness rather than providing only illness care, where patients must become ill before providing care. Family nurse practitioners hold positions in specialty and primary care outpatient settings.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Philosophical and Theoretical Foundations of Advanced Nursing Practice
- Advanced Health Assessment for Family Nurse Practitioners
- Nursing Inquiry
- Pharmacology for Advanced Practice Nursing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesNursing View 747 other Masters in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Current licensure in a state or territory of the United States.
- Official transcript(s) sent directly from the Registrar of all colleges, universities and professional schools attended including accredited baccalaureate degree-granting college/university and all graduate level coursework.
- Personal Statement
- Current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Applicants may be asked to complete an interview with faculty and/or provide a writing sample.
- At least one year of full-time work experience as a registered nurse is required for applicants for the family nurse practitioner track.
International895 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 895 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National895 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 895 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State895 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 895 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.