Graduates of the Adult Education Program from North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University are prepared to work as teachers, program developers and evaluators, or administrators in the efforts to enrich the learning capabilities of adults in educational programs in a variety of settings.
These settings include, but are not limited to:
- Community-based organizations (e.g., adult literacy, ESL, GED, Adult High School)
- Religious Institutions
- Older adult learning environments
- Governmental and nongovernmental agencies
- Workforce Development
- Cultural institutions (e.g., museums and libraries, planetariums, zoological parks, aquariums)
- Compensatory education (Teaching Adults with Disabilities)
- Correctional institutions
- Continuing and higher education institutions
- Cooperative Extension
- Professional and voluntary associations
The Adult Education program is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Measurement and Evaluation: Develop and apply standards for evaluating projects, programs and
- educational research.
- Program Development: Assess design, deliver, and evaluate adult education and training programs.
- Application: Apply adult learning and development theories to increase adult performance at the
- individual, group, and/or organizational levels.
- Adult Program Processes: Facilitate the understanding of adult education program processesplanning, organizing, leading, implementing, budgeting, and evaluating.
- Communication: Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education View 113 other Masters in Adult Education in United States
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree from a Regionally Accredited College or University
- 2.50 or higher Grade Point Average from the undergraduate degree-granting institution
- Personal Statement of Interest
- Scholarly Work (if applicable)
- Completed Graduate School Application
- Application and Fee
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Letters of Reference and/or Reference Forms
International17544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8772 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National4744 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2372 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.