At Music Composition from Roosevelt University students will cultivate the ability to use all of the building blocks of music to create a diverse portfolio of original works, gain necessary professional skills, and explore a wide variety of musical styles as they develop their unique voices.
After graduation, several composition students have gone on to masters and doctoral degrees in universities around the country. Recent graduates have gone on to composition programs at Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University, University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, Shepherd School of Music at Rice University, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University of Colorado at Boulder, and the University of Wisconsin at Madison.
- Graduate Composition
- Composition Seminar (Four Semesters Required)
- Style And Literature
- Advanced Orchestration
- Analysis Of Post-tonal Music
- Electroacoustic Music
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History Liberal Arts View 477 other Masters in Music History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Graduates should submit scores and, when possible, recordings for at least three (3) substantial original works, preferably composed for different performance media (for instance, a chamber ensemble work, choral piece, or orchestra score).
- Graduates are also required to submit two letters of recommendation by persons familiar with your work, a résumé including a complete list of compositions (include title, duration, and instrumentation for each work), and a statement of your professional goals.
- Artistic Application & Application Fee (via GetAcceptd)
- 2 or 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcripts from all previously attended schools/institutions
- TOEFL scores (if applicable)
International42321 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42321 USD per year during 24 months.
National42321 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42321 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.