With vibrant economic and social development in the east, there is an active civil society movement in the region with mushrooming of the non-profit sector and philanthropic foundations.
This curriculum goes beyond the traditional scope of non-profit management to address on cutting edge developments in the context of public and social innovations, strategic problem-solving, impact philanthropy, capacity enhancement as well as effective leadership, financial planning, social branding, organizational and social entrepreneurship. This program in Nonprofit Management at The University of Hong Kong will be taught by a strong team of prominent local & international experts.
As we are aiming at training senior and mid-level managers in charity foundations and non-profit organizations, the students will not only learn from their teachers, they will form themselves into learning clusters and learn from each other. Students are required to complete four core courses, four elective courses and a Capstone Project.
Mode of Attendance
- Full Time (one year, with intensive on-campus teaching week on a monthly basis and online distant learning, supplemented by visits, seminars and study trips)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 38 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Hong Kong (SAR)
- Applicants shall hold a Bachelor's degree of HKU or an equivalent qualification from a comparable institution, and preferably have three years of relevant post-qualification working experience in the public, private or nonprofit sectors.
- Candidates with qualifications other than a Bachelor's degree will be considered on their individual merits.
- Qualifying examinations to test the applicants' abilities to follow the prescribed courses and/or interviews may be conducted.
- Applicants with qualifications from a university or comparable institution outside Hong Kong where the language of teaching or examination is not English are required.
International21800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21800 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National5367 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5367 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- 42,100 HK$
- 171,000 HK$
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.