Theoretical insights and practical solutions
Are you interested in the functioning of EU policy? Would you like to pursue a career in European or international institutions? The European Policy (European Studies) programme of the University of Amsterdam teaches you to translate theoretical insights into practical policy solutions. It combines both theoretical and hands-on, empirical training in order to prepare you for a career as a European policy expert within international and national institutions, but also within the broader context of NGOs and the business world.
Hands-on field experience
Taught by experts from the fields of Humanities, Anthropology, Economics, Geography, Law and Political Science, this programme combines lecture courses with small group seminars and offers a unique Humanities perspective on the diverse factors – ideas, history, culture – that shape EU policy. It combines theory with hands-on field experience, including a workshop in Brussels as well as an extended field course that examines the ways in which EU policies ‘touch down’ in different national and regional contexts.
- Cultures of European Governance
- Skills Seminar: Brussels
- Enlargement and External Relations of the EU
- The Power of Law: Legal Integration in the European Union
- European Geopolitics
- The State of the European Economy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesInternational Relations European Studies Public Policy View 55 other Masters in Public Policy in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Amsterdam and/or in Netherlands, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in the humanities or social sciences with a minimum of 30 ECTS (equivalent to a full-time semester of academic studies) taken in the field of International Relations, European Integration and/or European Policy studies.
- New Master's students should be able to speak, read, write and understand English at an advanced academic level. Please check carefully whether you already meet the English language requirements or whether you need to arrange to take an official English language test
International16060 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16060 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.