The International Law program of Stetson University features:
- Two semesters, 24-credit program on Stetson’s safe and friendly campus in Gulfport, Florida
- Two-week introduction to U.S law for foreign attorneys
- Externship opportunities and career development workshops
- Flexible curriculum that allows student to focus on classes of their interest in social justice, international environmental law, international business law and the development of their legal skills
- Option to pursue a mentorship via the International Business and International Environmental Law Emphasis Program
- Scholarships are available for outstanding students interested in international law
Benefits of an LL.M. in International Law at Stetson University:
- Teaches advanced knowledge and skills within international law
- Gives novice lawyers a competitive edge
- Provides the opportunity for mid-career lawyers to switch practice areas or expand their clientele outside the US
- Leads to more interesting cross-border assignments and career opportunities
- Offers access to resources, such as Career Development, professional and leadership workshops and networking events
- Opens doors to new job prospects through job fairs, visiting recruiters and alumni contacts
- Builds an understanding of the U.S. legal system for foreign attorneys
- Increases English proficiency for non-native English speakers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- United States Legal Systems
- United States Research and Writing
- International Law
- International Practicum
- International Litigation and Arbitration
- Plus 3 to 4 classes in student's field of interest in business law, environment law, social justice and more
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
If you need a visa, apply early. We will continue to review applications with time and space permitting.
DisciplinesInternational Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 183 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants for admission to the LL.M. program in International Law must:
- Have a strong interest in international law. Experience working in international law or related fields is helpful, but it is not required.
- Be proficient in the English language
- Hold a law degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association, or hold a first law degree from a foreign law school approved by the appropriate authority in that country. (Applicants who received their first law degree from a U.S. law school that is not, or at the time of the applicant's graduation was not, accredited by the American Bar Association may be considered for admission if the applicant (1) is licensed to practice law in at least one state within the U.S., (2) can provide a certificate of good standing from that state's bar, and (3) has a strong interest in or experience in International Law or related areas of practice.)
International44468 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44468 USD per year during 12 months.
National44468 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44468 USD per year during 12 months.
- Part-time: 29,976 USD per year
Living costs for Gulfport
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.