The Educational Leadership program of Stetson University built on “theory of practice” and focuses on contemporary content and experiences that result in passing the Florida Educational Leadership Examination (FELE Principal's Exam).
As a research and competency-based program, the MEd in educational leadership's 30-credit program schedule is designed to fit the work and personal needs of educational professionals.
Our programs are based on cohort learning. This encourages candidates to build meaningful relationships with their principals, administrators and their peers in each cohort. Students develop knowledge, skills and professional and ethical dispositions to be reflective practitioners, collaborative instructional leaders, facilitative change agents and responders to diversity.
Educational leaders within the Master's Degree and Principalship Certification typically earn higher salaries than teachers with only a bachelor's degree. Graduates assume the following positions:
- Assistant principals
- Associate superintendents
- Administrators of district-level programs
- State and federal leadership officials
- Curriculum and Instructional Development
- Educational Finance
- Legal Aspects of School Operations
- Instructional Leadership and Supervision
- Educational Management and Systems Planning
- Human Resource Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management Studies Educational Leadership View 361 other Masters in Educational Leadership in United States
Application for Admission
$50 application fee
Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
Copy of Resume
Three letters of recommendation; one of the forms must be completed by the applicant's current principalCopy of professional teaching certificate
2+ years of most current Performance Evaluations
One of the following:
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better OR,
- Upper division GPA of 3.0 or better OR,
- GPA of 3.0 or better in the last 60 credits in college OR,
- 12+ credits of post-baccalaureate work at 300 level or above with a GPA of 3.0+ OR,
- A GRE score in the 50th percentile or a MAT at or above the 50th percentile.
International27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 927 USD per credit during 12 months.
National27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 927 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for DeLand
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.