By the end of the Public Health Sciences, Epidemiology program from University of North Texas Health Science Center, students will have a foundational understanding of epidemiologic methods, causal theories and causal inference, applications of biostatistics, the design and conduct of epidemiologic studies, and the ability to communicate scientific information to lay and professional audiences.
As the culminating experience of the program, students will write a discoverybased paper that meets current standards for publication in refereed journals. Graduates of the program will be prepared to apply to doctoral degree programs in epidemiology or to pursue research staff positions in health and medical centers, public health departments, governmental agencies, and the private sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Biostatistics
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Introduction to Data Management and Statistical Computing
- Intermediate Biostatistics
- Intermediate Epidemiology
- Foundations of Public Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1112 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts. Transcripts from all schools attended. Even schools that didn’t ultimately award a degree, all are required.
- Official graduate test scores. GRE or alternative graduate entrance exam is required. GRE institution code 6565 for SOPHAS applicants. Other accepted tests include GMAT, MCAT, PCAT, LSAT and DAT
- 3 Letters of Recommendation. Ideal sources include academic professors, academic advisors and employment/internship supervisors. Physician shadowing letters are not recommended. Letters from peer-colleague, friend or relative are never appropriate.
- Personal Statement. Describe your interest in the field of study (degree and concentration) to which you are applying, your career goals, how the program will help you reach those goals and why you chose the UNT Health Science Center School of Public Health for your graduate education.
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
International9825 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9825 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National9825 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9825 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State3275 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3275 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.