Adult Education program of University of the District of Columbia reflects national and local trends in adult education, and aligns with characteristics of Andragogy (theory and practice of educating adults). It is designed to customize learning to your specific learning needs using self-directed learning strategies that include learning plans and self-assessments.
The curriculum embeds workshops and seminars that are conducted by trained professionals. The subdivision of core courses into 1-credit modules, allow students to tailor their learning and adult educators to meet professional development requirements for job effectiveness and recertification (for which 90 PD hours are needed every four years). It uses the cohort delivery model—students go through the program as a group, and courses are scheduled sequentially—with admissions to the program in the Fall semester only.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Master of Arts program offers:
- Master of Arts in Adult Education (36 graduate credit hours).
Tailored to the distinctive learning needs of adults, this program is designed to be a natural transition from the Graduate Certificate program with which it shares core courses and features. Up to 21 of the credits earned in UDC’s Graduate Certificate program are transferable, within 5 years, to the MA in Adult Education.
- Professional Development TrainingThe subdivision of core courses into 3 one-credit thematic modules sets the stage for students to customize learning plans to their specific needs. The incorporation of seminars/workshops on contemporary Adult Education issues (such as 2014 GED Blueprint, Common Core beyond K-12, CASAS and other assessment standards) conducted by faculty and other authorities in the field, provides adult educators the necessary academic training to satisfy professional development and/or recertification requirements.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesAdult Education View 121 other Masters in Adult Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the online application for Masters Degree Applicants.
- Pay the non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Submit college transcript(s) reflecting all course work, grades and date of graduation.
- Submit official GRE, GMAT or other examination scores required by program.
- Submit a 500-word personal statement about your academic and professional goals, research interests, relevant prior experience, motivation for graduate study in your proposed program and any other information in support of your application for graduate admission.
- Submit two letters of recommendation.
- Fulfill additional admission requirements and documentation set by individual graduate degree programs
- hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited, post-secondary institution
International986 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 986 USD per credit during 24 months.
National986 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 986 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State513 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 513 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.