This Social Work at California State University Stanislaus teaching and learning environment enables faculty, students and graduates to collaborate with others to transform the conditions which contribute to privilege and oppression. Graduates are prepared to use an advanced integrative practice approach to work with individuals, families and communities to promote personal and collective liberation.
- Prepare professional social workers to engage with diverse populations in a process of critical reflection and action to address oppression and promote social justice.
- Prepare professional social workers to engage in the struggle to understand and transform their biases.
- Prepare social workers to use an integrative practice framework for multi-system interventions guided by ethics and informed by research.
- Prepare professional social workers to assume leadership roles in meeting the social service needs of the region.
- Create a learning environment based on principles of social justice where faculty and students participate in the development of knowledge that contributes to improving the social conditions of the region.
- Create partnerships with community constituents based on principles of social justice that allow faculty and students to participate, both as leaders and learners, in the development of social work knowledge and service delivery systems.
- Introduction to the Social Work Profession
- Social Welfare Policy and Services for Social Justice
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment
- Psycho-Social Assessment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 483 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Baccalaureate/Graduate degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in last 60 units completed
- 18 units of upper-division Child Development or related coursework with minimum GPA of 3.0
- Successful completion of writing section of GRE with a score of 3.5
International15638 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15638 USD per year during 12 months.
National8506 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8506 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Turlock
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.