The College Student Personnel Administration program of University of Central Arkansas is interdisciplinary to prepare student services administrators for diverse areas of responsibility, including campus climate, finance, grant writing, assessment, career advising, leadership, and legal/ethical issues.
Consistent with the standards and beliefs stated by ACPA: College Student Educators International, NASPA, and the Council for the Advancement of Standards (CAS), UCA’s course of study offers opportunities to experience the exciting relationship between theory and practice. Students are expected to meet the intellectual challenges of coursework, assistantships, and professional involvement, while participating in learning experiences leading to an understanding of college student development, collegiate subcultures, organizational dynamics, and the nature of higher education.
The CSPA specialization provides coursework and practica leading to a Master of Science in College Student Personnel Administration.
- To enhance the leadership skills of student personnel services administrators who can recognize and adapt quickly to changes in the field
- To promote an understanding of the legal and ethical responsibilities required of student personnel services professionals
- To familiarize students with the theoretical foundation in models of human and student development and learning and to apply those concepts to the creation of more effective service units
- To foster interpersonal communication skills
- To promote the use of qualitative and quantitative analysis and research to investigate and solve problems
- To use technology to create more efficient organizations
- To engage in strategic planning and visioning to provide services that deliver maximum benefit to students
- To engage in sound financial and budgeting practices to use the resources of the organization most efficiently
More informationVisit official programme website
- History of High Education
- Leadership and Supervision
- Financing Higher Education
- Law of Higher Education
- Assessment in Higher Education
- Diversity in Higher Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Administration Human Resource Management View 241 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed CSPA application for admission
- Current résumé
- Name and email address for two references who can speak to the applicant’s potential for graduate level coursework
- A one-page, single-spaced letter of intent
- An interview with CSPA faculty members
International704 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 704 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National704 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 704 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State477 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 477 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.