The Department of Counselor Education is housed within the Daniel L. Goodwin College of Education. The College offers flexible day, evening and weekend classes. The Department offers flexible evening classes.
Students in Counselor Education receive personalized attention from skilled professors in small class sizes, and gain valuable connections in the counseling field at local, national and international levels.
Northeastern offers an affordable tuition and convenient urban locations accessible by car or public transportation.
The Couple and Family Counseling program of the Northeastern Illinois University prepares students for employment in such settings including, but not limited to:
- marriage and family counseling clinics
- crisis centers
- youth agencies
- court services
- community counseling services
- chemical dependency programs
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Family Counseling
- Advanced Couple And Family Counseling
- Diagnosis And Treatment Of Addictive Disorders
- Diagnostic Systems For Counseling
- Couple And Family Systems Study
- Couples Counseling And Human Sexuality
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 875 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Application for Admission to Graduate Programs
- Counselor Education application
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended OR transcripts sent electronically to Northeastern Illinois University through Parchment or E-Script
- Two letters of recommendation
- Current resume
- A two-page essay, typed and double-spaced. The essay can be substituted for the Statement of Goals on the Graduate College application
- Mandatory attendance at the Pre-Admission Workshop (PAW). The PAW involves applicants participating in a series of group discussions facilitated by Counselor Education faculty. Dates and times to attend a PAW session are located on Page 2 of the Counselor Education application. Failure to attend the PAW will defer your application to the next application deadline.
- Optional: GRE (Graduate Record Exam) scores may be submitted by applicants with a lower GPA and/or as one measure in support of exceptionality.
International865 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 865 USD per credit during 36 months.
National865 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 865 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State432 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 432 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.