Two Major Options
- Concentration in Composition
- Concentration in Literature
Courses in the English program of the Northeastern Illinois University will help students achieve substantial preparation in a variety of areas, including writing theories, writing pedagogies, alternative literacies and the relationship between composition and literature. It will be up to each student to determine his or her personal and professional needs and, with the graduate advisor, to create a program that will address both program requirements and individual needs.
Students who graduate with an M.A. in English can find a career as a:
- teacher/instructor (community college levels)
- creative writer
- public relations specialist
- communications specialist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Russian Literature: From Gogol To Chekhov
- Medieval Studies - The Development Of The Arthurian Legend
- English Literature From Beowulf To Malory
- Literary Methods And Practice
- Argumentative Prose
- Writing In Public: Community Literacies, Public Intellectuals, And Rhetorics Of Change
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing Literature Linguistics View 461 other Masters in Literature in United States
- In their personal Statement of Goals and Objectives, applicants to the Program in English should specify their reasons for pursuing graduate-level studies in Literature or Composition, and they should identify the background, strengths, and academic skills that they feel will ensure their success as an MA student.
- All applicants must submit a representative sample of academic or professional writing that demonstrates their critical thinking and/or research strengths and indicates their ability to do well in advanced study in English Literature or Composition. The writing sample should not exceed 15 pages in length.
- GRE scores are not required for admission, but they may be submitted to supplement an application.
- Literature concentration: a BA in English (or a minimum of 30 credit hours of undergraduate work in literature and composition)
- Composition concentration: a BA in English, English Education, or a related field subject
International865 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 865 USD per credit during 12 months.
National865 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 865 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State432 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 432 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.