The Master of Health Policy and Management programme at The Aga Khan University can be taken up on a full-time or part-time basis with classes running on the afternoons on weekdays allowing professionals to attend to their daily work. Occasionally, classes will be extended to limited hours on Saturdays or mornings.
- offers high quality education with a blend of theory and practice
- is relevant to developing countries grappling with rapid population growth and triple diseases burden, yet determined to achieve Universal Health Coverage
- specifically addresses the issues of countries having mixed health systems and facing the problems of coordination, access and quality of health care services
- is designed to train professionals from developing countries to address the challenges in various domains of health system environment including health planning, policy analysis, institutional management and health systems research and development
- The programme is recognized by the Higher Education Commission and is accredited by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council and according to PMDC regulations provides a Type II-B degree which is the most advanced level of master’s degree in Pakistan.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Health Core courses: Public Health: Principles, Surveillance & Socioeconomic Determinants; Biostatistics & Survey Sampling Methods; and Public Health Law & Ethics
- Management Courses: Organizational Management; Quality Management in Health Services; and Human Resource for Health
- Policy & Systems Courses: Comparative Organization of Health Care Systems; Health Economics & Financing;; Health Policy Analysis & Formulation
- Research Courses: Protocol Development & Literature Review; Research Design & Methods
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences Public Policy View 450 other Masters in Health Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- At AKU, our transparent merit-based admissions process and generous financial assistance ensure that a diverse group of high calibre students will be able to attend the programme of their choice.
- While we are selective in the students we accept, we do not discriminate on faith, gender or national origin.
- Selection processes vary by academic programme, but some common criteria include: fluency in the English language, prior academic performance, critical reasoning skills, attitude and leadership potential.
International10800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 USD per year during 24 months.
National3875 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3875 USD per year during 24 months.
- Resident Students: PKR 600,000
- Residential countries include Afghanistan, Burundi, Kenya, Pakistan, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda
Living costs for Denton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.