Students in the Early Childhood Education program at the West Chester University develop a strong foundation in and understanding of the multiple factors that influence child development. Students combine their knowledge of child development, cultural and family background, appropriate academic content, technology, and assessment in order to design, implement, and evaluate learning experiences for all children.
Graduates with certification are employed in public schools and early education programs with young children birth through third grade. Many graduates are in supervisory roles in childcare centers and social service agencies working with young children and their families.
Graduates with a special interest assisting young children with disabilities find positions in early intervention. Some graduates work as parent education coordinators while others are curriculum specialists for training programs or state agencies. Opportunities also exist for graduates in child advocacy/family policy positions. Additionally, others teach at community colleges and as adjunct faculty in four-year institutions.
- Fully online
- The program is run on a cohort model
- Synchronous and asynchronous course formats
- Students will be engaged in online individual and group projects
- Spring start only
- Advanced Child Dev: Prebirth Through Eight Years
- Play as a Learning Medium
- Families, Communities and Education in a Multicultural Society
- Trends and Issues in ECE
- Integrated Curriculum & Assessment: Birth to Age 8
- Advocating for Young Children and Families
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 394 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application form submitted online.
- One official transcript from every college and university attended (except West Chester University). The official transcript should be sent directly from your undergraduate Registrar to the Graduate Admissions office. See note above.
- Two letters of recommendation for degree and certificate programs.
- A written statement of your professional goals.
International2596 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1298 USD per semester during 12 months.
National2596 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1298 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for West Chester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.