- The Pedagogy program at University of Southern Maine focuses on the development of teaching techniques and performance skills.
- Specific areas of pedagogy study include comparison of teaching methods and repertory. The program includes a supervised teaching internship.
- Courses included:
- Bibliography and Research in Music
- Seminar in Music History
- Seminar in Music Theory
- Applied Music
- Final Project: Thesis or Lecture-Recital
- Literature of the Major Instrument
- Music Literature: Voice
- Music Literature: Piano
- Vocal Pedagogy
- Pedagogy of the Major Instrument: Piano
- Advanced Pedagogy - Voice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMusic Pedagogy View 1060 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application: Online Application
- Application fee: Waived for all applicants.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended, excluding the seven campuses of the University of Maine System (UMS transcripts are accessible to USM). A transcript is official when sent directly from the institution.
- International College transcripts: In addition to an official copy of the transcript, an official evaluation of college-level transcripts from a NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) approved transcript analysis agency is required
- An essay of 300-500 words on your professional goals
- A professional résumé
- A baccalaureate degree or its equivalent in music or music education
- An audition (by invitation only; see details below).
International35580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1186 USD per credit during 12 months.
National35580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1186 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 432 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Gorham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.