It is the mission of the Department of Music at Winthrop University to offer nationally accredited music programs that provide students with opportunities to explore their intellectual and creative potentials through liberal arts, music education, and Music Performance degrees to prepare them for a life of professional, academic, and community service.
At the culmination of applied study, near the end of the degree program, and at least two weeks prior to final examinations, the student will present a full recital of least 50 minutes performance as part of the degree requirements. Students meeting degree performance requirements must be enrolled for applied music study in the semester or term in which the recital is given.
Winthrop University provides personalized and challenging undergraduate, graduate, and continuing professional education programs of national caliber within a context dedicated to public service to the nation and to the State of South Carolina. Winthrop's longtime commitment to be among the very best institutions of its kind in the nation continually guides the mission of the university.
- Music Performance
- Music Theory
- Music Education
- Music History
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMusic Music Performance View 216 other Masters in Music Performance in United States
- The online Graduate School application with the non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcript(s) from all institutions attended for undergraduate and graduate coursework. Transcript must be sent directly to Winthrop's Graduate School office from the issuing institution(s). We cannot accept transcripts (even sealed, official transcripts) from individuals.
- Have an overall undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Submit an acceptable score on the verbal and quantitative sections of the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination*, the Miller's Analogy Test (MAT), or the PRAXIS II Examination in music education;
International29506 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14753 USD per semester during 12 months.
National29506 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14753 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State15318 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7659 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Rock Hill
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.