The MSW degree prepares you to be a clinical social worker, able to practice in a variety of settings like mental health clinics, hospitals, schools, employee assistance programs or residential treatment facilities. Focus your studies through electives, a graduate capstone project and specialized field placements in areas like children and adolescents, geriatrics, medical social work, hospice, veteran services or psychiatric care.
USI's program prepares students with the knowledge, skills and values for clinical social work practice based on the Nine Competencies of Social Work Practice. The Social Work Department continuously evaluates student development of these competences through measured practice behaviors.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Clinical Assessment and Psychopathology in Social Work
- Theories of Clinical Practice
- Graduate Field Placement
- Integrated Field Placement Seminar
- Family and Couples Therapy
- Clinical Practice with Groups
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 360 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Online Graduate Studies Application
- $40 Application Fee
- Transcript Submission
- Verification of English competency
Submit an official TOEFL or International English Language Testing System score report verifying a minimum total score of one of the following:
- TOEFL (paper-based): 550
- TOEFL (internet-based): 79
- IELTS: 6
- Copy of Visa or Passport
- International Graduate Student Estimate of Expenses
- International Statement of Finance Form
- International Student Transfer Form
- For more information regarding specific program requirements and program application deadlines, refer to the Graduate Programs tab
International692 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 692 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National692 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 692 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State351 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 351 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.