The new graduate program offers methodological knowledge and skills to teach foreign languages to English speakers and non-English speakers. The degree provides professional knowledge that helps to shape public policy on multilingualism and multiculturalism and offers internship and independent research opportunities.
With a combination of online and on-campus courses, the MASPC can be completed in 1.5 years, which includes three summer sessions.
The Master of Arts in Second Language Acquisition, Policy, and Culture includes opportunities to obtain professional certifications in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) and Cultural Awareness Training (CAT), which are highly-sought by employers.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Second Language Acquisition
- Special Topics in Education
- Policies and Processes in the Public Sector
- Special Topics in Communication Studies
- Communication and Culture
- Cultural Awareness Training Certificate
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Certificate
- Technology and Second Language Acquisition
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Linguistics View 371 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
- Online Graduate Studies Application
- $40 Application Fee
- Transcript Submission
- Verification of English competency
Submit an official TOEFL or International English Language Testing System score report verifying a minimum total score of one of the following:
- TOEFL (paper-based): 550
- TOEFL (internet-based): 79
- IELTS: 6
- Copy of Visa or Passport
- International Graduate Student Estimate of Expenses
- International Statement of Finance Form
- International Student Transfer Form
- For more information regarding specific program requirements and program application deadlines, refer to the Graduate Programs tab
International692 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 692 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National692 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 692 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State351 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 351 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.