The Master of Arts in English from University of Southern Indiana is the preferred graduate degree for individuals who want to develop their credentials in order to teach dual credit courses in high school classrooms or composition classes in two-year and four-year institutions of higher education, as well as professional writers and other members of the workforce whose occupations require excellent reading, writing and analytical skills, and students who are preparing for further work in a doctoral program in English.
Graduates with English from University of Southern Indiana will be able to:
- Read, interpret, and write about a diverse range of texts in English.
- Demonstrate a solid grounding in Literature, Rhetoric and Writing, and Creative Writing.
- Conduct independent research.
- Write critically and effectively in specific professional contexts.
- Critically examine and analyze texts critically from a diverse range of perspectives and through the lens of history and theory.
- Participate actively in academic discourse communities in written form, engaging in the theoretical discussions central to the field with current and relevant research-based information.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- British Literature of the Middle Ages
- British Literature of the Early Modern Period
- British Literature of the 18th and 19th Centuries
- American Literature to the Civil War
- American Literature from the Civil War to the Present
- Teaching Literature
- World Literature
- Women Writers
- Contemporary Literature
- Studies in Literary Theory
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature View 647 other Masters in Literature in United States
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate/graduate institutions attended.
- A non-refundable application fee of $40.
- Verification of English Competency
- Statement of Finance Form
- International Student Transfer Form
- Copy of Visa or Passport
- Graduation with a bachelor's degree with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 from a college or university accredited by the Higher Learning Commission or a comparable association. (Some programs have a higher admission standard. Check the specific program description for further information.)
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 in all courses taken at the graduate level at all schools attended.
- Satisfactory performance on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), PRAXIS test, or Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) when required.
International12606 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 764 USD per credit during 24 months.
National12606 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 764 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State6600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 400 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Evansville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.